Register for our e-mail list
Receive press releases, important announcements and special requests for support throughout the legislative session. We will not flood your inbox!
Understand the difference between Alepsia and medical marijuana.
Educate your friends, family and associates.
LIKE our “Hope 4 Children With Epilepsy” Facebook Page to follow our progress and promote publicity.
LIKE and SHARE the “Hope 4 Children With Epilepsy” posts on Facebook.
FOLLOW “Hope 4 Children With Epilepsy” on Twitter and Instagram. Our handle is “Hope4CE” on both sites.
Reach out to professionals and others of influence.
Write to your legislators – it matters!
Follow these step-by-step instruction to make a positive impact:
1. Find the names and email addresses for both your representative and your senator with this map search tool.
2. Be sure to place the following statement in the subject line of your message: “I am your constituent, (your name) from (your city). Please vote “YES” on HB105 Plant Extracts Amendments.” They receive hundreds of emails every day, and their assistants often filter the messages for them.
3. Begin by thanking them for their service.
4. Explain to them who you are and why this matters to you.
5. Ask for their support of “Rep. Gage Froerer’s HB 105 Plant Extract Amendments.” Refrain from using the terms “medical marijuana”. We are not advocating for that program and we don’t want to create confusion. We use the proper description of the extract: high-CBD/low-THC cannabis extract, or Alepsia
6. Close your letter by listing your name and address, to show that you are indeed their constituent.
7. Finally, be sure to include a link to our website, hope4childrenwithepilepsy.com where the legislator can learn more about the background, research and professional support of Alepsia and Hope 4 Children with Epilepsy.
8. You can also download and attach our one-page H4CE Lobby Sheet
9. If they would like a packet of more detailed information, you can download our H4CE Press Kit and send it electronically or print it and deliver it to them personally.
If you are a professional or person of influence within the community, you can help by writing a letter of support on your letterhead for our use. We will share it on our website and provide it to legislators. These letters bring increased credibility to Alepsia and Hope 4 Children with Eplilepsy, especially considering the subject matter.
Please download our H4CE Request for Letter of Support outlining specific guidelines for the letter. You can also download our for your reference.
The financial burden of legislative advocacy can be heavy. The families of Hope 4 Children With Epilepsy have been funding much of the effort themselves and receiving limited assistance from the Epilepsy Association of Utah.
Hope 4 Children With Epilepsy operates as a subordinate of the Epilepsy Association of Utah. The Epilepsy Association of Utah is a 501(c)3 charity. All donations made to Hope 4 Children with Epilepsy are tax deductible. Please consider making even a small contribution to help fund efforts toward legislation giving our children access to this promising new treatment. Thank you!
How to Help